Hyperspace Ventures is looking for VP of Technology to lead the product management, design and engineering teams to create transformative digital products. In this role, you will be highly visible and have significant impact on the product outcomes. You will be working on Hyperspace' most meaningful and strategic business opportunities, and play a key role at the intersection of technology and product strategy.
You will develop and implement strategic plans and objectives for the organization in alignment with corporate strategy. You will influence investment and resource trade-off decisions by providing technical strategy and leadership. The ways that product and technology are designed, phased, and implemented all have significant impact on return-on-investment. You will be expected to engage with others on the product development team to plan optimal development schedules.
You will manage a large, multi-layered engineering team with engineers in multiple countries. You will be responsible for these teams delivering on-time and at-quality by developing strategic plans to ensure successful implementation of action plans and objectives where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of Hyperspace, clients, products' target consumers, competitors, as well as technology and software development practices.
You will coach and mentor the teams, and evolve processes to drive velocity, schedule accuracy and increase quality. You will be expected to continuously iterate and optimize for the purpose of driving impact. You will recruit, manage, and work to create positive culture in line with Hyperspace' core values that drive successful results, and employee engagement and retention. And serve as a representative and ambassador for Hyperspace to the industry and community.
Requirements and Qualifications
- You have experience with large-scale consumer-facing web and mobile apps
- You have experience partnering with product management to shape product direction
- You have 10+ years experience managing high-growth engineering organizations
- You have managed teams of more than 75 engineers including experienced directors and managers
- You have experience recruiting and hiring directors and managers
- You have experience managing multiple engineering teams in multiple locations including in-house, near- and offshore
- You have an excellent understanding of Agile software development practices and how to adapt them appropriately
- You have experience with Hyperspace' technology stack or similar: Amazon Web Services, Python/Django, PHP/Laravel, React, HTML, CSS, iOS/ObjC/Swift, Android/Java, React Native
- You have a strong sense of best practices for software engineering, technical design and application architecture
Experience, Education and Values:
- You have 10+ years in technology and engineering management roles
- You have a Master's degree in CS, STEM or equivalent experience; PhD is a plus
- Your work experience includes having worked at small- or medium-sized companies